Your Library Card
There is no charge for a library card, as long as you are a resident of Bondurant or anywhere in an Iowa Municipality or County that provides or contracts for library services. Current identification and proof of address is necessary to receive a card.
Parents/guardians must sign for responsibility of a juvenile under the age of 18 years and must hold valid identification and also must hold a valid Bondurant Community Library card, in good standing. Children must have completed the second grade and be able to read in order to be eligible for a library card. Responsibility for a child’s selection and return of materials, and any fines or charges accrued on the child’s card is held by the parent or guardian of the child.
Ten Cool Things You Can Do with Your Library Card
- Check out books. It's the classic library card use, and still one of the best. If you haven't taken a look at the books we have here at BCL, then you are definitely missing out! There's something for everyone in the stacks!
- Use the Internet. Popular with people of all ages, we offer Internet access only to those with a library card. We have twelve public Internet stations in our library. Children under the age of 18 must have their own library card, which requires a parental signature.
- Do Research. Your library card gives you access to powerful and expensive research databases not available to the general public. If you are a business owner, student, or consumer doing research on a big purchase, our EBSCOhost database is for you. We also have nonfiction resources available to take home or photocopy in the library.
- Take home DVDs -We have an amazing selection of DVDs available for checkout with your library card. And you can't beat the price--free!
- Play Wii and Xbox. You need a library card to enjoy Bondurant Community Library's selection of Nintendo Wii, XBox games. Choose from games ranging from Super Smash Bros. Brawl to Madden 10.
- Check out Kids Kits. A whole selection of educational and entertaining backpack kits filled with books, toys and puppets are available in the children's area for take-home fun!
- Get the Latest Fiction. New books, including many of the latest bestsellers for all ages are at Bondurant Community Library
- Use Study Rooms. Need a quiet place to study? Come in and reserve one of our Study Rooms.
- Get Music. CD's of many music genres are available for checkout.
- Check out Magazines. Popular magazines for many interests are available for your perusal and checkout. "Automobile", "Practical Homeschooling", "Sports Illustrated", "Food Network", "Better Homes & Gardens", "Experience Life", "Bicycling", "People", "InStyle" and "WebMD" are just a few we have. Additionally, there are even more magazines available on-line through Zinio. Download one to your device soon!
All of these and more are available free of charge with a library card. Come into the library and discover everything we offer.